Tuesday, November 5, 2019

RELIEF


'I did not sleep much last night. I was hyper alert and found it fascinating to listen to and distinguish between the infinitesimal sounds on our roof and the gutter. 
I heard little thuds on large leaves and a steady and worrying, metronomic drip on the ceiling. 
I heard a series of crashing waterfalls, as water rushed down garden steps. Drops were becoming trickles and trickles became flowing rivulets.
Something ancient and disturbing gripped my heart, when I heard the faint but steady 'steam train', approaching in the distance. 

The sound of a powerful and unavoidable deluge, grew progressively louder as it drew closer and when it hit, all the valves were open wide, drowning out all neighboring sounds in one continuous, solid, downpour.
You guessed as much,
IT RAINED
heavily......
At dawn, the bird's early chattering and chirping, cutting through crystal clear air, filled my heart with joy and the pool is overflowing with thankfulness.
Dusty leaves are glistening and wet shades of green are all one notch darker, whilst I breathe a sigh of relief..... '
-Aleta Michaletos

No comments: