Thursday, July 2, 2015

HAPPY ENDING (The Perfect Match)


12 Years ago,  I was a resident at the Cite Internationale des Arts in Paris. Whilst there, I created and exhibited  a lovely collection of delicate landscapes. A few of these, returned back home with me. Soon after my return, a friend of mine, Michelle van Gass, set eyes on one of the paintings- 'ROLLER-COASTER'. It was 'love at first sight' and she pledged to become the owner one day. Whenever we we had a chance meeting, her eyes would light up and she would ask me about the painting as though it was a beloved...... then she would confidently re-affirm her intent to own the painting.
Subconsciously I displayed the painting in a less favorable spot in the gallery, (possibly saving it for her?) and I always wondered what would eventually become of it ....
Today, exactly 2 years ago, on the 2nd July 2013, bubbling over with excitement and after a decade had passed, Michelle arrived at my gallery and triumphantly announced that she had finally come to claim  'ROLLER- COASTER' as her very own! She was ecstatic to become the proud owner of the painting she fell in love with, so many years ago.....
Can an artist wish for anything more satisfying than that?
© Aleta Michaletos
aletam@icon.co.za 
www.aletamichaletos.com

No comments: