Thursday, June 6, 2019

PLAIN SAILING


I think we all suffer from procrastination to some degree. However I really identify with and am inspired by the way Srinivas Rao not only clarifies the problem but creates a vivid image that sets you sailing!
The metaphor he implements, speaks to me directly. 
Ideas which remain trapped in your head, are no different to a boat which is trapped in a harbor. You should consistently spend more time SHIPPING work into the world, where all the magic happens.

To illustrate the point, I've matched one of my paintings, 'PLAIN SAILING', with this idea. This is the only painting I've ever created of a small sailing boat. Remarkably, it was sold to a passionate collector, even without him having viewed the work.   
    
'PLAIN SAILING', oil on board, 150 x 200 mm, 2013, sold 











 

No comments: